This is a medium range trek, that would require a complete week. The key highlights are the destination 'Chandrashila peak' itself, which is the highest peak in the nearby areas. Visit to the Tungnath temple, the highest Shiva temple in the world. The trek is easy, and can be done by people of average fitness levels. This is an ideal trek for small groups and corporate teams.
The trek will give a complete experience, right from self supported journey to camping in wilderness. The itinerary is easy paced, and will give ample time to the participants to enjoy the surroundings at leisure.
Detailed Trip Schedule
Arrival at our Shivpuri base (this is about 12 kms from Rishikesh). Breakfast/rest, organize trekking equipment (rucksack/sleeping bag etc). Departure for Srinagar ( garhwal ). Overnight at a hotel in Srinagar.
Early morning departure to Sari village near Okhimath. Start trek around 11 am, and reach a beautiful lake called “Deoriya Tal”. This lake is famous for its reflection of Chaukhamba peaks. Camp besides the lake.
Trek to a Gaddi camp site, overnight tents.
Trek to the higher reaches of Chopta, passing through forests and beautiful sceneries. Chopta is known for its beautiful meadows and wide span. In early march there is possibility of seeing snow all around. Though trek may not require snow walking as such. Peaks all around will be snow laden, and weather will be pleasant in day time.. cold at night.
Visit Tungnath temple. This is the highest Shiva temple in the world. Go to the Chandrashila peak. This is the highest peak in the nearby areas. Offers a very wide view of Himalayas. Return back to the camp site.
Trek back towards Chopta. Drive back to Shivpuri. Reach by evening. Continue the return journey further.
* Costing will be ex Haridwar
* Camp rules and decorum needs to be followed strictly.
* Outdoors and camping involves mild roughing it out. Don't expect luxuries.
* You will be required to walk uphill/downhill, so travel light, and wear proper footwear.
* Cost does not include any alcoholic drinks.
* The schedule would require participants to be able to reach our base latest by 7 am on day 01
* Dome tents, sleeping bags, ground mats kind of accomodation would be provided at camp
* Participants would be required to carry their sleeping bags, and basic necessity personal gear