A nature lover's paradise.. This is how one would describe this trek in short.
The route is through thick forests of Oak, Rhododendron, Fir and Deodar. This high altitude lake is crystal clear, in the midst of thick forest at an altitude of about 3,030 mtrs. This deep lake is the starting point of several rivers in this region.
One side of the lake is guarded by a high ridge called the Darwa Top, which gives a panoramic view of high peaks of Garhwal. The region is very rich in flora and fauna. Traditionally Dodital route has been frequented by nomadic herdsmen for grazing their livestock, and by pilgrims on the Gangotri-Yamunotri route.
Day 00 Overnight train from Delhi to Haridwar ( Mussourie Express )
Arrival in Haridwar early morning. Transfer by surface transport to Uttarkashi ( about 4 hours drive ), and then to Kalyani road head ( 1 hour ). Trek to Agoda ( 6000 ft ), camp after Agoda village or Bevra village. The trek should take about 2-3 hours of easy trek.
Agoda to Dodital ( 3,307 mt ) is a gradual trek, of about 17 kms. The lake is set in midst of thick forest and is roughly hexagonal in shape. Through out the trek the route is through forests mainly Oak and Rhododendron which gradually turn into Fir and Deodars.
This will be a rest day at Dodital. Alternately the camp can be shifted further towards Darwa Top, but in the beautiful vicinity of Dodi Tal.
Early morning start for a uphill trek to Darwa pass ( 4150 mtrs). The distance from Dodi tal to Darwa pass is about 6 kms. Darwa pass at its elevations provides a magnificent view of Bandarpoonch peak and Gangotri peak among many others, and it also offers a birds eye view of Dodi tal. Beyond Darwa pass, the downhill trek would take you towards the beautiful meadows of Seema, where camp would be established for the night.
Early morning start for trek from Seema to Hanuman Chatti road head. From here transfer by surface transport to Haridwar, to catch overnight train to Delhi.
* Participants need to carry their own personal gear ( rucksacks/sleeping bags ). In case porter is needed to carry their luggage, they need to tell in advance, and portaging will be charged 1,200 Rs.
* Expense does not includes Delhi-Haridwar-Delhi(train fare) Alchoholic drinks
What all is provided/included:
* Costing will be Ex Haridwar
* All road travel Ex Haridwar would be done by Non AC transport
* All camping gear ahd all technical equipment
* Ground bedding/Sleeping bag arrangement would be provided
* Toilet arrangement would be very basic, tented dry pit based
* Tents provided would be Expedition style Nylon Dome kinds, and would be on twin sharing basis
* Participants would be required to carry their sleeping bags, and basic necessity personal gear